Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Reaching back for a little extra.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.
It has been well over ten years since I first forayed into blogging and since then many blogs, sites, and articles have been lost to the trash bin due to boredom, time constraints, and creative apathy. In the past, I have tried to blog about all different topics, with baseball permeating the blog from time to time, but I always felt as though I was writing to a crowd that would prefer to read something else. Alas, no more. To feed my rabid baseball addiction and also my desire to write I am starting this blog and we will see what happens. Although Mr. Jones here would like to tell me that "people will come", I won't avail myself of any ideas of grandeur this time around. Writing for the sake of writing. Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment